CaSSOA (Caravan Storage Site Owners' Association) was formed in 1999 by insurer AmTrust Europe Ltd and a small number of storage site owners in an effort to combat caravan theft. Since then, the organisation has grown significantly and is now a nationally recognised name. So, how do we help caravan owners?
We know that caravan security is of the upmost importance to all caravan owners, particularly during the winter months when your caravan is in storage and can be at its most vulnerable. We work towards the mantra ‘Together We Can Beat Caravan Theft’ and our aim is to reduce caravan theft by promoting the highest levels of security on caravan storage sites.
Why choose a CaSSOA accredited storage site for your caravan?
- Excellent levels of security: A CaSSOA storage site gives you total peace of mind by minimising security risks to your caravan with features like full perimeter fencing, lockable gates, CCTV and monitored entry and exit of the site. All our caravan storage sites have achieved their CaSSOA accreditation by way of an individual site survey and have been awarded either Gold, Silver or Bronze status dependent upon the security features in place at the site.
- We offer 3 levels of accreditation for storage site owners: Bronze, Silver and Gold. Awards are accredited on a points earned basis, with Gold being the highest award that can be achieved.
- CaSSOA accreditation is based on the assessment of a number of factors. These include site security (perimeter fencing, access control, exit/entry system, CCTV, alarms, fire protection) and on-site facilities. Accreditation is based on points, and assessed by an independent risk surveyor. Each category will attract points, and the more points received, the higher the award level attained.
- The Bronze accreditation is our entry level award. To achieve a bronze award, the site must meet our minimum security requirements, including perimeter protection and lockable gates. Most sites start here and quickly work their way up with the advice and guidance of our independent appointed surveyor.
- The Silver accreditation is a step up in security, as well as having the standard security measures in place, a silver accredited site has enhanced security in place such as CCTV and monitored entry and exit of the site.
- The Gold accreditation is the highest award which can be achieved, with these sites providing the highest levels of security. Over 50% of our current members have obtained a Gold accreditation.
- Insurance premium discounts: Due to our commitment to reducing caravan thefts, many insurance companies will offer a discounted premium for secure CaSSOA storage.
- UK wide coverage: With members nationwide, we have a wide range of accredited caravan storage sites to choose from, so you won’t have to travel far to find your nearest site.
You can find CaSSOA approved leisure vehicle storage sites in your local area using our Find a CaSSOA Site page.
If you wish to discuss a particular site or anything you have read on our website please call our offices on 0843 216 5802. Alternatively you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org