At CaSSOA we’re all about providing secure storage for your caravan or motorhome when it’s not in use. But what about when you’re out and about on holiday?
Security is still important when you’re away so here are some points to consider when leaving your tourer on a caravan site.
- Lock all windows, doors and skylights.
- Hide all valuables from view – including TVs and other electrical equipment. Remember to mark these with a UV or permanent marker so that they can be traced back to you if stolen.
- Consider using a floor-anchored safe
- Take keys, money, credit cards and passports with you when leaving your caravan
- Leave curtains open (after hiding valuables from view) so that it can be seen that there is nothing of value to steal
- Consider purchasing an alarm system to alert others if your caravan is broken into
- Security posts and wheel clamps can also be used when you’re away from your caravan. Visible security devices like these act as a visual deterrent.
- Make friends with neighbouring caravanners – they’re more likely to raise the alarm if someone unfamiliar is loitering around your caravan
- Awnings can be useful – not only to add extra living space. A thief may be less likely to steal a caravan with an awning because of the time they’d need to take it down or cut it away.
- And finally, check your caravan insurance policy to see if there are any specific requirements you need to be aware of whilst taking your caravan away from its storage location.